Monday, October 6, 2008

Penetration of the Mind

Being that this is my first one of these, I feel an obligation to explain why I'm even on here. As many are aware, 'blogging' has become a new forum for anyone that has access to the world wide web to share their opinions, theories, ideologies and perspectives with the world. I feel conflicted because personally, I feel that far too many people voice their opinions as is, but I obviously feel compelled enough to throw mine into the mix.

In an age where individualism is now becoming more acceptable, we are on the verge of dawning on a brand new day. Like so many others, I live in awe of the concept that a Black man can become the leader of the free world, a woman that has recently wedded another woman is dominating daytime television, and children are being raised with the belief that regardless of your skin tone, sexual preference or financial circumstance, you can become whatever it is your dreams lead you to be.

I say this all in that my only hopes for this blog is that I can inspire someone, anyone, to be more than they are at this very moment. Or that I can make someone see a perspective outside of their own. Or that I can get someone to stand up and speak out when others around them have discouraged them from doing so. And of course, I want to get on my soapbox and preach to the world! I also want to have fun as well, so please don't get thrown off by the sudden shifts that this blog can take, because I assure you there will be many.

No comments: